Pension Plan Consultants: Put Experts on Your Side
Frequently, business owners, or finance and human resource professionals, hire a pension consulting firm to help them design and implement a retirement plan, like a 401(k). Pension consultants specialize in designing, launching, and managing company-sponsored retirement plans, and function as a key partner to help make sure retirement plans manage all regulatory requirements, address the plan sponsor’s goals, and are run cost-effectively.
If you’re a plan sponsor, a skilled pension consultant can work with you to reduce your workload and help you manage your plans costs and potential liability. Pension consultants advocate for you, and negotiate contracts with any other service providers your plan may need, and bring a higher level of expertise and experience than your company may have available.
Ensuring Efficient Plan Operation
Pension consultants have extensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements, like ERISA, that you face as a plan sponsor, and can help you address these requirements. However, pension plan consultants offer much more, including:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your plan, making sure that your employees understand the plan and how it can help them with their retirement goals.
- Review your plan’s options and expenses, helping you determine whether fees you pay are fair and reasonable.
- Examine your plan design, analyzing the number and type of investment options you provide.
- Conduct due diligence, evaluating investment performance, investment manager performance, and other monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain records and help you document your plan’s performance, and manage with regulatory guidelines and changes in legislation.
- Review your participant education plan and materials, and suggest changes to help make your plan more effective.
We Stand Behind You
At FiduciaryFirst, we function as objective advisors for your plan. In consultation with you, we help develop a customized retirement plan that’s effective for you and your employees. We provide detailed knowledge of compliance and legislation, and help ensure your plan operates smoothly and address the needs of your participants and your company. We call our comprehensive approach our Plan Success MethodSM, and we’ve used it to help organizations like yours to create retirement plans that minimize risks while maximizing benefits to your company and your employees. For more information on our pension consulting services, contact us today.